Mr, Miss, Ms, & Mx Long Beach Gay Pride 2020
Download your application, complete, sign and make an appointment with Empress Sabreena. (562-500-1006)
- Must be a resident in the Greater Long Beach Realm which includes:
- Cities of Artesia, Bellflower, Carson, Cerritos, Compton, Downey, Gardena, Lakewood, Lomita, Long Beach, Lynwood, Norwalk, Paramount, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills & the communities of Harbor City, San Pedro & Wilmington
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid ID Card (ID will be used for Non Profit Compliance only. All information will be kept confidential)
- Must submit a personal statement detailing why you would like to run for the position of Ms, Miss, Mx or Mr Long Beach Gay Pride (200 Word Maximum)
- Submit a high resolution head shot (300 dpi) to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to kick off event
- Submit Filing Fee in the amount of $20 – CASH ONLY
- All candidates MUST attend the Pride Royalty Candidate Announcement Event
- No campaigning or declaration of candidacy may take place prior to the Candidate Announcement Event
- All campaign fundraisers, including private events, must clearly identify the purpose for which the funds are raised. All flyers must be approved by the Board President Emperor Cory and 4M Coordinator Empress Sabreena
- No destroying or defacing the campaign literature of other candidates
- No negative campaigning against any other candidate
- Violation of any of these rules will result in the immediate termination of your candidacy.
- No external online fundraising pages can be created outside of your official online page
- No Events may be hosted outside of the Long Beach Realm
- Organize and host one (1) individual event over the course of the year (April 2020-April 2021) to benefit a local non-profit as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Attend 6 out of the 10 required events listed in the back of this application.
- Attend a designated list of events during the week leading up to Long Beach Pride and during Long Beach Pride Weekend.
- You must attend and participate in the Long Beach Pride Parade with the IICLB.
- You are required to wear your assigned crown and sash at all required events and be in your elected title (I.E. Drag Title = Be in Drag)
- You will serve as ambassadors for the International Imperial Court of Long Beach, Inc and help promote the United Waves Scholarship Fund.
- Every dollar you raise will count as one (1) vote for you. You will have the opportunity to raise money online starting the day after the Candidate Announcement event and ending the day before the Candidate Crowning event. Cash may be turned in the day of the crowning ceremony. NO CHECKS will be accepted without prior approval.
- All monies raised go to the United Waves Scholarship Fund and will follow the 70/30 split of the IICLB with the larger sum going to the Scholarship Fund.